Home

Mary Telfair's legacy
In 1875, only a few days before her death, Mary placed a provision in her will that allowed for the erection of such a hospital in the city of Savannah—The Telfair Hospital for Females opened in 1886.

In 1960, The Telfair Hospital for Females joined with Candler General Hospital to become its official obstetrical unit. In 1997, Candler General Hospital signed a joint operating agreement with St. Joseph's Hospital, creating the region's largest healthcare provider.

Mary Telfair Women's Hospital, a regional leader in the delivery of women's healthcare services, provides a full array of obstetrical, gynecological and educational health services, and includes Telfair Pavilion, The Telfair BirthPlace and The Children's Place.

Every day the dedicated experts at Mary Telfair Women's Hospital strive to adhere to Mary's vision: a system of compassionate care that puts the physical and emotional needs of women and their families first.
Emergency Dept. & Directions
Contact Us & Care Call Help
Find a Facility
Find a Doctor
About St. Joseph's/Candler
Calendar
Latest News
© SJCHS.org Mobile Site powered by Netinformer